Pages

Projects

Archives

Author Archive

Sterring column comes out.

Monday, September 12th, 2011

I took the steering column out (not fun).

 

I tried to remove the wheel first, but that was not coming off, so I turned my attentions to the steering box (the point of attachment for the steering assembly to the truck frame). I had to cut the tension bolt holding the control arm from the wheels to the gear box in order to get the bolt of. A note for future efforts… Tension bolts release the tension when cut STAND BACK…

Removing the front of Red…

Monday, September 12th, 2011

While my parents were her I convinced my dad to help me remove the front end of Red.

I then started to take the front fenders apart. It turns out that the front grill / headlights are the only thing holding the front fenders upright… They should have been the last to come off not the first…

Pistons out and on to the shop.

Monday, September 12th, 2011

I got the block disassembled, and now I am going to take it to the shop to get cleaned and inspected.

The engine disassembly

Saturday, July 30th, 2011

Once I got the engine on a stand, the top of the engine came off in 15 – 30 minutes… Now I have to find a valve guide puller (a part that has not been made in 50 years…)

Starting to work on the trucks…

Sunday, July 24th, 2011

Well, I started to take apart the donor truck (hense forth known as “Red”). You would not believe the garbage in side this thing!

The heart and soul…

Sunday, May 22nd, 2011

Here is the current engine…

And here is the new engine…

I want to do an “old school” hot rod with this one, so the flathead is in…

Also I am about to get a parts truck so I will have enough left to do a modern hotrod as well

The Beginning

Monday, May 9th, 2011

This is my new project, Rusty. Rusty is a 1953 F100 Body on a 3rd Gen. Camero subframe (insert tasteless joke here…)

I intend on building Rusty up to his hotrod potential, even if it takes 4-5 years… hopefully not…

In the Beginning…

Monday, January 3rd, 2011

I got this old TV shell from a friend and decided to make it into an arcade emulation machine…originally. I then realized that I already had several computers capable of fill the roll of this computer, so I decided in making a 3d printer instead. I still need to preserve as much of the classic appearance as possible, possibly finding controls to match the dials that were originally apart of the TV, but there is plenty of room inside the box for a makerbot 3d printer.

Finishing touches…

Friday, November 19th, 2010

To help complete the retro look, I am going to reuse the feed pipes (used to pump gas originally) to run my wires. The PSU will be on the bottom shelf, or the floor once a make a base for it. At any rate you can see the copper pipes, and the dials hanging in place.

I also moved the mother board to the back of the pump, to make it easier to access the components.

The gauges still need a lot of work, but the fit and the style works perfectly!

The ‘case’ is closed!

Sunday, November 14th, 2010

The case is finally back from the Body shop! it took longer than expected, but it was worth it! Try as I might, I could not have made the front as well as a professional could have!

It’s come a long way from its original status as a gas pump on the side of the road… But it still has a way to go…
I still need to complete the computer components, wiring, and the door (It needs dials…)